Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Montezuma's Revenge! & The Big Buddha

Something killed Fay's stomach Sunday night and I was pretty ill for 1 1/2 days. We stayed an extra night in Chengdu - which is the Silicon Valley of China and we were in an actual 5 star, so it seemed the best place to be sick. I saw the Chinese Dr. twice - not sure if that helped or hurt. I am recovering and we have moved on. Thank GOD it was me and not Ling. About 30% of the group got sick that night which was very tough since they all had to move on to their orhanges. We had a bit of extra time and could re-arrange to make it work for me to stay. I couldn't have gone anywhere anyway. Sadly I missed the Leshan Buddha - a 10 story high buddha about 2 hours north of Chengdu. Bob & Ling went but the camera thing was full! They said it was totally cool and I am glad they got to see it and also weren't around me to possibly infect Ling.

No comments:

Post a Comment